The DC Sweet Potato Bake
This Sweet Potato Bake is a much-asked-for recipe among you all lately. It’s comfort food, nourishing, yet has amazing slow release energy packed inside. Grab this recipe for an instant crowd-pleaser or to make for the family! I’ve been making this one for some of my own mates lately, including a special guest you may have seen on IG if you’ve been following! We’re all fans, and it’s a great one to make for a Sunday dinner. Let’s get into it!
What makes this Sweet Potato Bake Healthy?
Sweet potatoes provide that amazing complex carb energy that keeps us all going during our busy days. They’re also packed with Vitamin A, giving you well over your daily nourishment of that essential vitamin for skin, bone, and tissue health, as well as B6, which is so important for brain health and skin vibrancy!
The color code for this recipe is ORANGE! Orange foods are often great for bone and tissue health, and provide nutrients that make our brains stronger and faster in our day to day lives.
What makes this recipe easy?
This is an assemble-and-go type of recipe, so perfect for those weeknights when you need everything made and assembled in one pan, and to come out looking steamy and oozy with goodness! We are using ricotta and bacon in this one, but you can easily sub for a vegan ricotta and leave out the bacon to make this one completely vegan as well. The coconut milk and cheese provide plenty of fats to make this an instant crowd pleaser!
Recipe: Easy One-Pan Sweet Potato Bake
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 25 min
Skill level: Medium
Cost: $10-12 total
- 2 Tbsp Olive/Macadamia Oil
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, but into 1/2cm thick discs
- 200g Ricotta
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 3 Lean Bacon rashes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- pinch of a salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- On high heat add the oil to a roasting tray and cook the sweet potato for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, agitating the pan every so often to get colour all over. Remove potato and set aside
- In the same pan, cook the bacon for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- In a bowl combine the ricotta, nutmeg and coconut milk.
- Add the sweet potato back to the pan and and give it a quick stir to mix through, before adding in the coconut milk mix.
- Finish with a sprinkling of salt and cook for 20-25 mins in the oven.