Gluten Free Frangipane Tart
Its both annoying and epic to have that amazing smell of a delicious tart/pie invade your natural scent… particularly when it is no where to be found… This was what i realised after witnessing people walk passed the NYC apartment, looking left and right as the moved passed this gorgeous number… Little did they know it was right above their head ? Cruel & mean, but don’t worry i gave them a slice when I got down… Get involved with this super clean alternative. Naturally done with almond meal/flour i am using coconut flour and even added a secret (not so secret) ingredient of Balsamic to blend the blueberries and nutty goodness… enjoy my legends!!
- Tart Crust
- 2 cups of Almond Flour, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Butter (Grass Fed) or Coconut oil (melted but not piercing hot)
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Eggs, Whisked
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees (375 F)
2. In a bowl combine your flour salt and coconut with your butter/oil and whisked egg. Once it
forms a dough (you may need to add a little water depending on the humidity) like consistency,
kneed with your hands for a few minutes until smooth and flatter into a disk using extra flour and a
rolling pin. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up. If you leave for
longer than 30 it will be tough to work with immediately so bring it to room temperature first.
3. Roll out on a surface and then press to the bottom of a 23cm (9 inch) pie tin, getting into the
corners.. don’t be afraid if it starts to crumble just use your hands to press it back in ? Prick the
base with a fork and then pop in the oven for 10 minutes or till slightly golden.
4. For the filling In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, in another bowl mix the wet
ingredients. Add wet mix to dry and pour into tart tin. Push in Blueberries and bake for 45 minutes.
If you are feeling extra epic add a sprinkling of coconut sugar, turn the oven to broil (grill) and cook
until sugar turns golden