Hello, Legends! Today we are making a fish dish. Rich in lean protein and super tasty white fish are your best friends whether you are looking to eat healthy to increase your performance or just enjoying a nice dinner. Fish, in general, pairs well with citrus. So in this recipe, we are not using 1, not 2, but 3 types of citrus fruits to add flavor to our fish. The plus? It is also super pretty to look at, so it is the perfect dish to make to impress your date! Let’s get into it.
How to know if your fish is cooked?
I have THE technique to know if my fish is cooked to perfection. Here it is:
- Grab yourself a knife or a fork.
- Insert it into the thickest part of the fish.
- Bring the knife or fork to your lips. If the knife is warm, the fish is cooked to perfection. If it is too hot, you went too far. If it’s cold, put it back in the oven for a few minutes.
Why is cod good for you?
Cod is a white fish. It is a great option for people looking to lose weight, increase their performance or sustain their weight since it is rich in lean protein. Indeed, 3oz or 85g of cod has about 19g of protein for 1g of fat. Moreover, cod is rich in vitamin B, especially B12, which helps create DNA and promote a healthy nervous system. It is also rich in important minerals such as phosphorus and selenium.
- 2 cod fillets
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- On a lined baking tray, place the asparagus. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon, half an orange, and half a grapefruit in a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Thinly slice the other halves of the citrus.
- To a baking tray, Add the fish. Add The sauce. Cover the filet with sliced citrus.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 325F.
- Cook the fish for 12 minutes.
- Serve with the asparagus.