Hi Friends!!! You know on my adventures I am meeting the most amazing people. I am pleased to say this next wonderful man is Lazarus Lynch aka (Son of a Southern Chef). Inspired by his stories I decided to create a traditional dish that his Chef father would have a loved an Apple Cinnamon Skillet Cake
Watch the video below and recreate it for your amazing family 🙂
1/3 Cup Unsalted Butter (room temp.), + 1 Tbsp for Greasing
1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Apple, cored and sliced into wedges
1/3 Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. (205 C.)
- Grease a skillet pan with the 1 Tbsp of butter
- In a bowl beat your sugar and butter together until it resembles a creamy texture
- Whisk in the egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl fold your flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together and then mix in the wet ingredients
- Heat Skillet pan on high heat pour in the batter, create a circular pattern with the sliced apples and drizzle over the honey, and extra cinnamon before baking in the oven for 20-25 minutes… Serve with Vanilla Ice cream or Natural Yoghurt.
For more on myself and Laz hanging out check out what we shot on his channel here!