- 1 Red Capsicum/Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 5 Rashes of bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 2 tsp Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Cup Beef Stock
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 bunch of Coriander/Cilantro, leaves preserved stalk finely chopped
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Corn Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C or 395 F, line a baking tray with baking paper and place the capsicum/pepper on top and into the oven for 20 minutes or until skin darkens
2. Remove from the oven, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. Then peel back the skin, remove the white ribs and take away the seeds. Slice and set aside.
3. Add half the oil to a frypan on medium high heat and cook the bacon off until golden and crispy, 4-6 minutes, transfer bacon to a plate.
4. Add remaining oil to the pan and stir in the garlic for 2 minutes or until golden before adding the onion and caramalising for 5-8 minutes. Spoon the bacon back, drain the kidney beans and add to the pan along with the spices. Stir for 1 minute then pour in the stock. Cover and allow to simmer on low heat for 12-15 minutes
5. Season with salt and pepper and lemon juice and stir in coriander/cilantro stalks. Allow to reduce for a further 5 minutes with the lid off. Take to the table serve in warm tortillas with a spoonfull of quac, the sliced capsicum/peppers, bacon bean mix and the coriander/cilantro leaves…Its time for a fiesta!!!!