Who would have thought you can have a nutrient dense brownie, made from a wonderful vegetable! Not only do these give that beetroot like sweetness they also have an amazing colo(u)r
Once making these you get this amazing new understanding for what you can do with any ingredient. I have never liked to put anything into a box and love how you all comment once you realize what you can do with a new ingredient or one that has been around forever (eg. 3 Uses for Overripe Bananas)
I have made these chocolate special wonders for friends before, but never written about them. Due to their nature of nutritional amazing-ness they feel rich, but not the type that leaves you sick, rather you fill replenished
The best thing about them is how simply they are. I have left in a few options for you to pick and choose to your liking eg. between butter and coconut oil etc.
Can’t wait to see all the home cooks in action so send me your posts 🙂 @dan_churchill
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Health Facts: The red nature of this amazing dessert is strong for heart health assisting in the blood at a cellular level. Rich in glutamine it also becomes a win for intestinal immunity and recovery after a workout
3 Medium Beets (Beetroot), peeled & Chopped
200g Dark Chocolate, chopped
1 tsp vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp Coconut oil or Butter
1/2 Cup Honey
2/3 Cup Almond/Coconut/Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
For the sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C (350 F). Bring a pot of water to a boil and carefully add the beetroot to cook for 1 minute, drain and remove reserving 1/4 cup of the water.
- Transfer the beetroot to a Vitamix or blender along with he chocolate, vanilla extract & oil or butter.
- Whisk eggs and honey in a bowl until combined then beat in beetroot mix.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt before folding into the beautiful red mix. Grease a 23cm x 23cm baking tray (9 inches x 9 inches) and transfer mix.
- Carefully tap on the kitchen top to release any air bubbles and bake for 20-25 minutes or until centre no longer wiggles when shaken. Allow to cool before slicing, drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce
Note: As long as the chocolate can fit inside the heat of the beetroot and the talent of the Vitamix will make it melt. Blitz until smooth