Super Creamy… without the cream ? It will fill you up and make you seriously happy, perfect for a cold day.
- 3 Medium Beetroots
- 2 Onions
- 2 Kale Leaves
- 500ml Stock (Chicken/Veg)
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Yoghurt (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Wrap the beetroot in foil, line a baking tray and put the beetroot and onions whole on top and into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Using a knife, pierce the foil to see if the beetroot is done. If there is no resistance, remove and allow to cool, keep onion cooking for a further 25 minutes or until well caramelised inside skin
- Cut beetroot in half making it easier to peel away skin before chopping into smaller chunks and adding to a blender.
- Peel away skin of onion and add caramelised flesh to blender along with kale, stock and salt
- Blend until smooth then finish with lemon juice to taste and a dollop of yoghurt if your feeling like a bit of extra smoothness ?