Healthy Sweet Potato Fries (Wedges!)
My healthy cooks, if you’ve ever wondered how to make the simplest, easiest, and most flavor packed sweet potato fries I’ve got the recipe for you here! These ones come with a secret seasoned olive oil that creates some self-saucing goodness right in the pan with your fries. Get the recipe below!
Helpful Tips for Making Sweet Potato Fries
The very first thing to take into account with these is proper oven temp and chopping of your sweet potatoes. I outline all of this in the video, but some things to watch out for:
- store potatoes away from moisture
- chop potatoes so they’re roughly the same size and have nice sharp edges
- preheat oven to at least 400 F / 200 C
- use the flavored olive oil recipe I’m going to outline below for you
- to ensure extra crispy edges, make sure sweet potato fries are in one even layer before putting them into the oven.
What makes these Sweet Potato Fries healthy?
In contrast to normal potatoes, sweet potatoes are a bit lower in calories, and a bit lower in carbs. They contain less starch than their regular cousins (though both are great for you in terms of being low in sugar, low in fat, and high in fiber!)
Sweet potatoes are higher in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, manganese, and calcium. These are all great in protecting from disease, including cancer.
For more healthy, easy recipes, download my 21-recipe FREE ebook!
The Color Code:
Color: orange (high in Vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene which are all great for cancer and heart disease prevention)
Perfect for: a nutritious side dish
Recipe: Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Cost: <$5 per serving
2 large sweet potatoes
3 TB olive oil
2 cloves garlic, whole, skin off
4 stalks of fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 F/200 C.
- Create your infused olive oil. Into a saucepan add olive oil, whole garlic, and fresh rosemary. Heat on low-medium heat on the stovetop for about 3-4 minutes, just until warm.
- On a small baking sheet or tray, combine potatoes and olive oil blend.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until fork tender.