Get ready for your world to be rocked! This dish is seriously a #GameChanger… Why? Well obviously blueberry and coconut go together like salt and pepper… but now you a #GlutenFree gorgeous base that can be used for sooooooo many epic things 🙂
I mean you have both savoury and sweet options… Think of the possibilities!! Frittata, Caramelized onion tart, triple chocolate tart… salted caramel goodness… Ill stop there as there are plenty and we only have so much drool to handle 😉
Check out the recipe for this #RuleBreaker below (why is it rule breaking? well you are not meant to have tarts that are epic and #GlutenFree 😉 )
If you are a more visual person check out the latest YouTube episode, I go through it with you step by step 😉
Click Here for Blueberry Coconut #GlutenFree Tart episode!!!!
- 2 Cups of Coconut Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond milk
- 1/3 Cup Coconut sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Revolution, Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Rice malt syrup/Honey
- 3 Cups Frozen Blueberries
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Revolution, Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. (350 F)
- For the crust combine the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor, then add in the eggs, coconut oil and almond milk until the mixture can hold together once squeezed between your fingers.
- Grease a tart tin and using your hands press the mixture right up into the edges. Repeat this step until all the mixture is gone and the crust is nice and firm. You should have a 1/2cm thickness right around. Pop in the oven to cook until for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- For the filling, in a medium saucepan, add all the ingredients except for 1 cup of berries and cook on medium heat covered. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until berries have become really saucy an easy to squish. Add remaining berries and reduce mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes with the lid off. You want the sauce to thicken to a slow drip 🙂
- Pour filling into centre of the crust and pop in the fridge to set for 2 hours, slice in and enjoy legends!!!