Team! Here is another way to level up your Brussel sprouts game! These Brussel sprouts toasts are next level and perfect as appetizers or lunch. The flavors balance the Brussel Sprouts, ricotta, and balsamic reduction perfectly. They are indulgent but packed with nutrient-rich food. Enjoy!
Are Brussel sprouts a superfood?
Love them or hate them, but Brussel Sprouts are IN! I personally love them. I believe that cooking Brussel Sprouts the right way is what will convert you. Often too soft and mushy in this recipe, they are perfectly crispy. More than the taste, Brussel sprouts are also highly nutritious! Indeed, they are high in vitamins C and K. While vitamin C boosts the immune system and helps iron absorption, vitamin K helps the blood clots and builds strong and healthy bones. One cup of Brussel sprouts will cover 274% of your daily vitamin K requirement (300mcg, cooked). Moreover, this vegetable is high in fiber: a cup of Brussel sprouts contains 4 grams of fiber, promoting gut health!
Is ricotta cheese good for you?
Ricotta is loaded with protein! One cup contains 24g of protein, 16g of carbs, and 24g of fat. It is also packed in calcium! Half a cup (120g) contains 400mg calcium (40% of the recommended daily intake), a vital nutrient ensuring healthy, strong bones. Moreover, compared to other cheeses, ricotta is low in saturated fats and sodium. In this recipe, we are using ricotta because of its creaminess. Combined with the crispy Brussel sprouts, the balsamic reduction, and pomegranate seeds, this recipe will rejoice everyone!
Cook your Brussel sprouts in an air fryer for maximum crispiness! If you don’t have ricotta, don’t panic. You can replace ricotta cheese with cottage cheese or even mascarpone. Be creative!
Now, let’s dive into the best Crispy Brussel Sprouts recipe ever!
Brussel Sprouts Toast
- 6 sourdough slices
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1.5 lbs Brussel sprouts, cut in halves
- 1 lemon, juice + zest
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 pomegranate
Brussel Sprouts Toasts
- Preheat oven to 390F (200C).
- Cut the Brussel sprouts in halves.
- In a bowl, toss the Brussel sprouts with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- On a roasting tray, arrange the Brussel sprouts evenly. Cook until brown and crispy, for about 15 minutes.
- While the Brussel sprouts are roasting, whip the ricotta with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, bring the vinegar to a simmer. Let it reduce, until the vinegar has a thick consistency, almost like a syrup.
- Toast the bread.
- Assemble the toast: spread the whipped ricotta on the bread, add the crispy Brussel sprouts, pomegranate seeds, lemon zest. Drizzle the balsamic reduction.
cals: 355 • fat: 10.3g • protein: 10.6g • carbs: 42.4g