Skip to main content
- 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
- 100ml cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, lightly toasted (I used a combination of hazelnut meal and chopped macadamia nuts)
- 3 free-range eggs, separated
- 70g raw cacao powder
- 50g coconut or buckwheat flour
- 90g coconut oil
- 2/3 cup raspberries
- pinch of sea salt
- Shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine nuts, quinoa flakes with 30g of coconut oil and 30ml of maple syrup.
- Greece a cake or baking tin before pouring in mix. Push down firmly to compact before putting in the oven for 6-8 minutes to colour. Remove and allow to cool
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl combine the yolks, along with the rest of the maply syrup and coconut oil and combine until very smooth. Using a spatula in thirds add the cacao and buckwheat flour.
- Fold in your raspberries allowing them to break up.
- In a separate bowl add the salt to the egg whites and using an electric beater mix until soft peaks
- In thirds fold egg whites into cacao mix and combine.
- Pour mix over toasted nut base and put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cacao top is set.
- Finish with a sprinkle of coconut over the top.
other recipes you might like…