Whether you’re with friends or just in the mood for an easy, delicious, and healthy weeknight dinner, this cashew mushroom curry has got you covered.
Making your own curry is epically easy, and it can set you up for a week of easy meals or dinner for the family. Add this one to your weekly rotation, legends!
This is a three-step recipe that involves creating a delicious cashew sauce, sauteeing your veg, and then combining everything together and adding herbs and protein.
Let me know what you customize yours by contacting me on IG @dan_churchill, and learn how to add more protein and healthy fats into your diet by listening to The Epic Table podcast! Can not wait to hear from you and be sure to check out the latest Intermittent Fasting plan and workouts along with more healthy recipes by signing up to my newsletter on the homepage. Happy cooking!
Recipe: Cashew Mushroom Curry
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cost: Less than $10
Nutrition Facts: 10g protein, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g fat
1 large yellow onion
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 Knob of Ginger, finely chopped/grated
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
For the cashew sauce
1 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight, then drained
1 cup oat milk
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 cup mint, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
Handful of cilantro or herbs of choice
Brown rice, cooked
- Saute your onion, garlic, and ginger in olive oil for 6-8 minutes.
- Add your sliced mushrooms and stir. Season well with salt and pepper.
- While mushrooms are searing off, combine cashews, half a cup of oat milk, fresh herbs and lemon juice and blitz until smooth.
- Add cashew sauce to your pan with the veg and add the rest of your oat milk as well as the cumin. Stir to combine and cook another 10 minutes or so.
- Serve with brown rice, a handful of your favorite fresh herbs, chili flakes, and spinach. As an option to add more protein, you can also add a cup or two of chickpeas or some roasted chicken into the mix! Enjoy!