A traditional middle eastern tasty offering, using the goodness of cauliflower. Flavour on flavour my friends.
Heading into Christmas you amazing cooks kept asking about this and I am so happy to hear you want to have it as one of your side dishes for your family feasts! Whats great is that you do this once and it opens your eyes to the world of cauliflower rice opportunities!
Obviously it is a much healthier alternative, but it also holds onto flavour with much more efficiency and considering it has its own existing flavour its a winning eating situation. Gluten free, an anti-inflammatory agent and rich in phytonutrients for your immune system. Plus my friends when you are finishing anything Tahini… you simply can’t lose… 😀
After the Facebook Live I always love seeing your posts! @Dan_Churchill
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Health Facts: Gluten Free, Vegan
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1/2 Cauliflower head, cut into florets
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion, sliced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbsp Turmeric
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Coriander, ground
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 Cup Chicken/Veg Stock
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Salt & Pepper
- Pop cauliflower into Vitamix and pulse for 5 seconds or until it resembles the size of rice.
- Add oil to a frypan on medium high heat and caramelize the onion for 5-7 minutes, before cooking the garlic for further 2 minutes
- Stir cauliflower into the pan and cook until soft and moisture is gone, about 2 minutes my friends.
- Fold through the spices along and pour in the stock. Season with salt and pepper and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid is gone.
- You can have it on its own, or serve it with your favourite protein :)… I also like to add a some mint and yoghurt together and dollop on top. Enjoy my friends!