Its meaty… slurpable… comforting… & believe it or not #GlutenFree… sometimes I even surprise myself Serves 4
- 2 Tbsp Coconut/Macadamia/Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Chill powder
- 2 Litres of Chicken Stock
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1/2 Butternut Pumpkin, shredded using a processor or greater
- 1 Chicken breast
- Pinch of Salt
- Juice of Half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add oil to a deep saucepan on hight heat and brown onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes
- Sprinkle in spices and mix through before pouring in stock.
- Bring to the boil and turn to low, pouring in the chick peas just before covering with a lid and simmering for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and place chicken on top sprinkle with salt and a little drizzle of oil before putting in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until shreds apart and is cooked through.
- Add the pumpkin noodles to the pot and cook for a further 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and lemon juice to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls, shred the chicken with two forks and layer on top of soup