The Ultimate Hangover Cure
- 5 Tomatillos/Tomatoes
- 1 Jalepeno
- 1 Stalk Cilantro/Coriander, finely chop the stocks and keep the leaves aside
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Leek, finely sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Chicken stock
- 3 Eggs
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 50g Feta
- 1 Large Handful Quinoa Chips/Corn Chips
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. or 395 F.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and roast tomatillos and Jalepeno for 20-25 minutes or until super soft and jammy (can be slightly charred too for bonus points ? )
- Transfer contents to a blender with a pinch of salt and the cilantro/coriander stalk, and blend until it is a saucy puree
- Add Olive oil to a frypan on medium-high heat and caramelise the leek for 5 minutes, then add the garlic and continue to stir for until seriously aromatic (further 2 minutes). Then pour in the Tomatillo sauce allowing it to bubble before adding the stock. bring to a boil and turn to low heat allowing sauce to thicken. Continue to cook until the sauce coats the back of the spoon or when you slide it along the base of the pan it leaves a saucy canal (10-12 minutes) ? Then turn heat to low
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour into frypan, constantly stirring to keep them creamy and not become a thick scramble. Continue to stir as you crumble in the feta. Then crush the corn/quinoa chips in your hand and mix them in… dont be too concerned if some are not fully coated… you want to still have extra crispy bits ?
- Sprinkle over cilantro/coriander leaves and extra feta if you have it… and now you have the difficult decision on weather or not to use a fork or your hands… i think you know what i would have chosen ?