This is everything naughty and nice without the added refined sugar… I love making these as what seems like that decadent after dinner number, all you need is a natural bit of banana awesomeness and you are sorted.
I got my NYC mate Justin Livingston around to show him how wicked it is to satisfy your sweet tooth. If you don’t want to make the sauce, just simply melt your favorite chocolate… super simple, seriously affordable with only 2 ingredients for the roasting you cant lose…
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1/4 Shredded Coconut
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Cacao
1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- Preheat oven to 450 F. 230 C.
- Cut a line lengthways of the banana, opening the skin up, but not cutting all the way through to the other side of the flesh
- Wrap in foil, place on a lined baking try and roast for 20 minutes
- For the sauce combine the oil and honey in a small saucepan on low heat… allow honey to combine and then whisk in the cacao powder
- Once all is mixed take off the heat and pour in the coconut milk, mix and set aside to cool
- To serve pour Choc sauce over roasted banana, sprinkle over shredded coconut and get a fork to devour 🙂