- 1 Cup Teff
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut milk
- 1/4 Cup Dates, chopped
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/3 Cup Walnuts
- 2 tsp Honey
- Pinch of salt
- Peanut butter (optional)
- 1 Banana, sliced
- Add Teff to a saucepan with 3 cups of water on high heat. Cover, bring to a boil and turn to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In small on low heat add the coconut milk, cinnamon stick and dates. Cover, bring to a gentle simmer and take off the heat and allow the flavours to marry for 5 minutes
- Strain the cinnamon stick and dates (both can be reused) and add the flavoured milk to the porridge gradually, stirring as you go to get your favourite desired porridge consistency ?
- In a small frypan on medium high heat dry roast your walnuts for 1-2 minutes or until they start to char and and a beautiful nutty flavour comes through. Take off the heat and drizzle in the honey constantly stirring. Transfer to a plate or a lined baking tray, sprinkle with salt and allow to cool for 2 minutes (these bad boys can be transferred to a airtight container)
- Serve your wicked porridge into bowls top with peanut butter, fresh banana, walnuts and honey