How to Cook the Perfect Steak
- 250g your favourite cut of steak, (I use eye fillet)
- 2 Tbsp Olive/Macadamia Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Sprinkle salt on both sides of the steak and allow it to sit for 15- 20 minutes. This is great for getting a crust and allowing your steaks to get to room temperature
- In a mortar and pestle or in a blender, crush your garlic with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add in your oil, place the tip of the rosemary sprig in and bash it allowing for the oils to come out of the leaves and infuse into the oil. Do not discard the rosemary sprig
- Turn your grill to high heat (it must be really high!!!). Using the rosemary sprig as a brush, dip it in the oil and lather over the steak.
- Place the steak on the grill, oil side down. You should hear an epic sizzle. Turn every 15 seconds for 3-5 minutes and continually brush with the oil. Cooking time will vary in accordance with the steaks size and fat content. The larger steaks may need to go in the oven. Take off the stove and cover in foil to rest for 5 minutes, this will keep all the juices and thus the flavour in.