Corn Fritters with Avocado Salsa
My healthy cooks, today I’m bringing you my delicious and easy summer corn fritters that takes advantage of spring and summer produce, starting with corn! Corn provides such a lovely sweetness to these fritters, which is delicious when paired with our pickle and salsa.
You’re going to love this one legends, as you get an epic crispy bite to the fritters and creamy avocado goodness from our salsa (or guacamole if you prefer!) Can’t wait to see your recreations of this one.
What makes this corn fritters recipe healthy?
These corn fritters are a gluten-free alternative to a savory pancake, they’re completely vegetarian and as always made with all whole food ingredients for optimal nutritional power. They’re loaded with healthy complex carbs from your oat flour and corn, healthy fats from your olive oil and avocado, and extra micronutrients from the herbs and tomato. Get colorful and creative with these by mixing in your favorite salsa add-ins!
The color code for this recipe is YELLOW! Check out more about my Color Code and how to create colorful recipes (and what that means for your own health) here!
What makes this corn fritters recipe easy?
This is the ultimate quick lunch dish to get involved with. Takes just 5 minutes to put together, and the salsa can be made up to days ahead for even more flavorful goodness.
Just a few simple ingredients that come together like a pancake batter, all there is to do is fry them up and you’re fully sorted! This is a great one to recreate with your own favorite spices and salsa ingredients, so be sure to show me your own spin on it if you post on Instagram! Tag me @dan_churchill, and get cooking legends!
For more easy and healthy recipes, check out my $5 Eats Recipe Ebook here!
Recipe: Easy Corn Fritters with Avocado Salsa
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
1 cob of corn, kernels removed
1/2 handful chives, sliced (optional)
Pinch of Salt
1 cup oat flour or almond meal
2/3 cup almond or regular milk
2 tbsp olive oil
For the salsa:
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1 cucumber, roughly chopped
Juice of half a lemon
2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds (optional)
1/2 long red chili or jalapeno, seeds removed, finely chopped (optional)
1 avocado, diced
- In a bowl combine the almond meal or oat flour, chives (if using), eggs, salt, pepper, milk and corn.
- Heat a frypan to high heat and add the oil. Use a spoon to shape the corn mix into a patty and plop onto the pan. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove and set aside to a plate until all fritters are cooked.
- In a separate bowl combine onion, tomato, cucumber, coriander leaves, avocado and chili. Just before serving squeeze over some lemon juice and mix through. You can also make this as a pickled situation ahead of time and mix everything together but the avocado, set it in the fridge and let it pickle overnight!
- To serve stack three fritters on top of each other, sandwiching the avocado salsa in between and finish with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, if using. Alternatively you can serve them individually and top a spoonful of the salsa on each.