Legends! As you might have already guessed, I LOVE a good curry. It is comfort food to me. So I decided to spice things up (see what I did here-eheh) and make a curry noodle soup. This recipe is 100% plant-based, 100% delicious, and 100% spicy. It is the perfect dish to keep you warm or if you are feeling sick.
Spices are incredible to elevate any dish’s flavor, but they are also essential to fight inflammation!
It is time to spice up your life with this tasty soup!
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ghost pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 ginger knob, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups Chinese noodles
- 1 broccoli head, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 cup oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup tofu, diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms
- In a mortar, crush all the curry paste ingredients together, slowly adding the oil until having a paste.
- In a pot on medium-high heat, drizzle 1 tsp sesame oil. Stir in the broccoli. Add salt and pepper. Stir in until the broccoli is golden. Reserve.
- In the same pot, stir in the curry paste. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable broth. Add the coconut milk. Bring it to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, add the noodles, broccoli, mushrooms, and tofu. Stir in until the noodles are cooked (usually 3 to 5 minutes).
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle 1 tsp sesame oil. Add the oyster mushroom, salt, and pepper. Cook until slightly fried.
- Serve the curry noodle soup in a bowl. Top with fried mushrooms, cilantro, and lime.