Team! Are you looking for a healthy, easy breakfast full of protein and super tasty? Look no further. For this recipe, I made a simple omelet with my CS chorizo.
Are eggs good for you?
Eggs are a great source of protein, with 6 grams of protein per egg. They are rich in selenium, vitamin B2, and B12 and are a great source of choline, among other things. Choline, for example, helps maintain a healthy cell structure, removes cholesterol from the liver by creating a substance needed for that function, and helps with DNA synthesis. However, you might wonder if eggs are high in “bad” cholesterol. Well, 1 egg yolk contains 200mg of cholesterol, but it doesn’t always impact your blood cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol, I suggest you talk to your doctor about egg consumption.
How many eggs a day can you eat?
You can eat up to 2 eggs daily if you are a healthy individual.
How to make a great omelet?
Legends, here are my tips to make a perfect omelet:
- Whisk your eggs well by doing a figure of 8 or whisking in circles.
- Use a pan on high heat.
- Oil your pan well, so the eggs are easy to flip.
- Flip your omelet halfway through cooking.
Enjoy your breakfast (brunch, lunch, or breakfast for dinner)!
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup plant-based chorizo
- 2 sourdough toasts, toasted
- 2 cups greens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs. Add salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, and oregano. Stir in the chorizo, spinach, and peppers. Mix well.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook the omelet.
- In a bowl, mix the oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Serve the omelet with greens, vinaigrette, and toast.