Wondering what your favorite athletes eat on their game day? In this recipe, you will find out what Steve Smith, the top cricket player, likes to have to fuel his workouts.
One takeaway I want you to get from this recipe? It’s all about creating ease of flavor-building, with aromatics that all add their own level of flavor to the pan. And then, how simple it is to get everything cooked together in the same pan!
What makes this one-pan chicken recipe healthy?
The best part about this recipe is that it’s super flavorful but also quite healthy. You’re using simple, pronounceable ingredients, and retaining tons of natural goodness from the oven-roasted veg. Using olive oil gives you some extra healthy fats, and there are plenty of antioxidants and vitamins A, B, E, and K in the veg and chicken.
This one is also packed with protein, as chicken is a great protein option for those of you who consume meat. This technique can also be used with fish and vegan proteins, just roast the entire pan in the oven with the veggies, no need to sear anything off first!
What makes this one-pan chicken recipe easy?
Simple, friends: you’re cooking everything in one pan! What could be easier than that? Read on to find out how we’re going to cook this one pan chicken…
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into 1″ pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin, leaving root end intact
- 1 small bunch rosemary, fresh
- Salt and pepper (plenty of each to season)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F. Pat chicken thighs dry and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add 1.5 Tbsp olive oil to a cast-iron skillet or other oven proof pan. Heat over medium, then add chicken thighs. Sear for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Remove chicken to a plate. Place veggies, garlic, rosemary, and an additional 1.5 Tbsp olive oil in the pan. Return chicken, raw side down, to the pan. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
- Place entire pan in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Serve chicken family style with roasted veg.