Easy Vegan Curry
Do you know how simple it is to make a curry? Well my friends here it is for you! In case you’ve always felt like making a curry has to be super complex, I’m here to share a wickedly easy recipe with you this week. Making this one should take no more than 30 minutes, and is ideal for using up any leftover veg you may have around. Add this one to your weekly schedule and trust me it will become part of your regular rotation!
Why is this Easy Vegan Curry Healthy?
This recipe is plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, and packed with immune-boosting nutrients and antioxidants. Thanks to the spices and veg, it’s also great for your gut, packed with probiotics and gut regulating spices. Let’s make it!
Recipe: Easy Vegan Curry
Skill Level: Easy
1 TB olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 medium eggplant, diced
1 bunch of basil, roughly chopped
2 tsp cumin
1/2 to 1 tsp chili flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup coconut milk, full fat
1. Heat your pot over medium heat, and once hot, add olive oil.
2. Sauté onion and garlic together for 5-6 minutes or until translucent.
3. Add your spices, along with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add onion and bell pepper and coat well in the spice mixture. Add coconut milk and season again with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Turn off heat and add your chopped herbs. Add a squeeze of lemon on top.
6. Serve over rice or quinoa, garnish with fresh herbs, and add a drizzle of olive oil or chili oil on top!