Easy Vegan Meal Prep
My healthy cooks, today’s recipe is all about creating your own colorful, easy vegan meal prep. As we get into the spring season and are getting back to school after our winter breaks and vacations, we are all in the mood for some healthy alternatives and easy to-go meals.
That is why I’ve created for you my epic vegan meal prep guide. This is a simple way to kickstart your week with a few easy components that combine to form the perfect base for a week’s worth of meals. Let’s get into it!
What makes this vegan meal prep recipe healthy?
This meal prep recipe is loaded with antioxidants and micronutrients like vitamin B6, folate, vitamin A, and more! You’re hitting all your macronutrient boxes too, with a complex carbs from your sweet potatoes, protein, eggs with sweet potato hash pack plenty of protein (from our eggs), fiber from our veggies, and complex carbohydrates (thanks to the sweet potato!)
The color code for this recipe is MULTI! Naturally 🙂 Check out more about my Color Code and how to create colorful recipes (and what that means for your own health) here!
What makes this vegan meal prep recipe easy?
This is the ultimate meal prep, with just a few simple bake-and-wait recipes that involve very little effort on your part. If you only have about 30 minutes, you can nail all of these in a pinch and even add your own flair with a dressing and some fun toppings for extra flavor and texture.
For more easy and healthy recipes, check out my $5 Eats Recipe Ebook here!
Recipe: How to Create an Easy Vegan Meal Prep
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Skill Level: Easy-Medium
FIRST UP… THE GREENS
5-6 cups greens of choice (chopped kale, romaine, arugula, swiss chard)
- WE ARE USING KALE
THEN ADD… THE VEGGIES
4-5 cups chopped veggies of choice (beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower)
- WE ARE USING CAULIFLOWER AND SWEET POTATO
NEXT COMES… THE PROTEIN
2-3 cups vegan protein of choice (tofu, edamame, tempeh, beans, chickpeas)
- WE ARE USING CHICKPEAS
FINALLY… A DRESSING
½ cup your favorite dressing
- WE ARE USING A CITRUS VINAIGRETTE
AND DON’T FORGET… ADD-INS
1 cup your favorite added flavors for flavor and texture (chopped apple, kale chips, chopped toasted walnuts)
Spice blend: whatever you like! Today we are going with cumin, cayenne, and paprika for our chickpeas
5 cups kale, chopped finely
2.5 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
2.5 cups sweet potato, cubed
2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained (about 3 cups)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 TB lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
¼ tsp each of cumin, cayenne, and paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
- First you will batch cook your protein and veggies. We are using chickpeas for this version, so we will start with those.
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Add veggies to a sheet tray lined with parchment paper (makes cleanup a lot easier). Sprinkle on salt and pepper, as well as any other seasonings you like. Place sheet tray aside.
- Coat chickpeas in 1 TB olive oil. Make your spice blend by combining cumin, cayenne, and paprika. Season that with salt and pepper to your tastes. Toss with your chickpeas and spread those on a separate tray. Place that tray in the oven.
- Roast chickpeas for 12-15 minute or until crisp, and remove. Toss veggies once to make sure they are cooking evenly. Roast for another 15-20 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Meanwhile make your vinaigrette. Combine oil, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a jar and shake it up!
- Assemble bowls or meal prep containers: layer on your greens, veggies, protein, and dressing (either on the bowl or in a separate container. The kale benefits from being dressed a bit ahead of time!)