- (Serves 2)
- -2 eggs, separated
- -1 Tbsp Honey
- -2 Cups almond milk
- -1 tsp Cinnamon
- -1 tsp Nutmeg
- -3 Cloves
- -1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- -1 Can Coconut cream
- In a small saucepan on low heat combine the milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and vanilla extract. Bring to a low simmer (until you get tiny little bubbles ? ) and then turn the heat off.
- Whisk the honey with the egg yolks, until light and fluffy
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peak and pour in the coconut cream and continue to whisk until combined.
- Pour one third of the warm flavoured milk into the yolk bowl and combine, then pour the contents back into the saucepan (this is called tempering and prevents your eggs from scrambling)…#Winning
- Next gradually add your egg white/coconut cream mix 1/3 at a time to the saucepan, stirring to combine… Traditionally bourbon is included in egg nog, its not for me, but if you are keen it is at this point that you would add it in ?
- Ladle your contents into a mug, sprinkle over some extra cinnamon and wrap your hands around that awesomeness, put on your knitwear and get ready for your comfort romantic movie!