Today’s dish is one more time, a sheet pan meal! Easy and convenient to make, they are wonderful if you are looking to make dinner or meal prep. Salmon is an incredible source of animal protein and goes well with a spicy marinade. Paired with vegetables, it ensures a healthy meal packed with flavors!
What are the health benefits of salmon?
Salmon is an excellent source of animal protein, with 25g of protein per 100g serving (for 232 calories). It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are great for heart, brain, and skin health. As an oily fish, salmon can also fight inflammation. Looking to increase your vitamin D intake? Salmon is also an excellent source for this! Safe to say salmon is the GOAT…or the FISH…
Is broccoli good for you?
Broccoli is one of the world’s most popular vegetables. No wonder why since this vegetable is rich in fibers, vitamins C and K, iron, and potassium. Moreover, a serving of raw broccoli (about 1 cup) contains 2.5g of fibers! It promotes gut health and has vitamins that boost the immune system and skin health and help blood clotting.
Looking to make this meal more filling?
If salmon and vegetables are not enough, feel free to add potatoes or rice! It will add carbs to your meal, and you will feel fuller!
- 2 salmon filets
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lemon
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into floretsi
- 2 zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a bowl mix the oil, spices, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Drizzle the sauce on the salmon. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Toss the vegetables with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- On a roasting tray, add the vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon after the 10 minutes. Cook for 10 to 15 additional minutes.