Hero Your Summer Produce With These Five Recipes
Hey friends! If you’re a lover of summer produce like I am, you make the most of all these ingredients you can while they’re still in season. Personally, I love checking out farmer’s markets on the weekend (Union Square in NYC is my go-to) and getting creative in the kitchen with whatever I find!
Some of my own personal favorites include berries, corn, local baby greens, and tomatoes. All of these are at their peak in the summer months. As we approach the end of summer, I’ve been stocking up on all of these delicious summer produce numbers. I love to incorporate them into desserts, salads, grilling dinners at BBQs, and more.
One of my favorite ways to start is to go to the farmer’s market, see what I can find, and let that drive my inspiration and cooking. Keep flavors fresh and simple, no need to over-complicate!
If you’re wondering what to do with those colorful berries or vibrant greens you scored at the market, check out my list below! And for more on color, why it’s beneficial for you, and how to incorporate more vibrant goodness into your everyday meals, check out the DC Color Code here! You’ll be using up that summer produce in delicious recipes in no time.
- Strawberries – try my coconut crusted french toast with strawberries!
- Corn – an easy vegan dinner that heroes corn and takes 5 minutes to whip up
- Arugula – this beet and arugula salad is epic, you all loved this one!
- Tomatoes – add even more natural sweetness to your summer tomatoes with this recipe
- Blueberries – My Olive Oil Cake with blueberry compote was an all-time favorite!
Hope you enjoy all of these recipes, and as usual be sure to share your epic creations with me on IG @dan_churchill!
For more healthy recipes, check out my latest ebook, The Healthy Cook: $5 Meals, with cheap and easy recipes using simple ingredients, all quick on time!