Gluten Free Sticky Date Pudding with Next Level Butterscotch Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar or Honey
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Caramel Pecan Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Grass fed butter
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Add baking powder, dates and 1 Cup of boiling water to a bowl to soak for 15 minutes
- Using a hand held mixer or a really strong arm whisk combining the butter and the honey or sugar until it resembles a thick sauce/ paste (this is called creaming the butter)- should take 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the paste one at a time, waiting for each to combine before adding the next
- In a large bowl combine the flour, almond meal, salt and all spice
- Fold the egg mix and dates into the dry ingredients and finish of with the lemon juice
- Grease medium muffin trays with extra coconut oil or butter, spoon mix in and pop in the oven for 15-18 minutes (should be still slightly soft in the centre)
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan on medium heat cook the honey and butter until it starts to bubble and change a golden colour, then add the coconut milk, take off the heat and continue to stir until smooth. Add in the pecans and spoon over date cakes to finish… goes amazing with coconut milk ice cream too… just saying!