This feel good healthy breakfast will Serve 4 hungry legends!!!
- 2 Tbsp Olive/Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 knob Ginger, grated
- 1 Long Red Chill, Finely chopped (deseeded for milder heat)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander, ground
- 1 Cup Red Daal (lentils)
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes, poured in a bowl and squished with your hands
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 2 fresh Sprigs Cilantro/Coriander, finely chopped
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Add oil to a medium saucepan on medium-high heat and caramelises the onion for 3-5 minutes or until brown, than add garlic, ginger and chill and stir for a further 2 minutes or until seriously aromatic
- Stir in the tomato paste and allow to cook until it resembles a dark rusty colour before mixing in the spices then the Daal for a further minute.
- Once fully combined add in the chicken stock, can of tomatoes, cover and bring to a boil. Then turn heat to low and allow to cook, with the lead not completely covering, for 45 minutes or until liquid has reduced by a third.
- Stir in the coconut milk and season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper. You are looking for a rich consistency so if it still very runny, turn heat to medium and keep the lid off. Once achieved take off the eat
- In a bowl combine the tahini and turmeric powder, set aside
- To serve evenly portion Daal between 4 bowls, and serve with a fried egg and a spoonful of the Turmeric Tahini … allow the healthy feel good tastiness to be enjoyed with each spoonful ?