A healthy gluten free banana loaf!
My friends I have for you today a recipe that is perfect no matter who you are cooking for. This easy, healthy gluten free coconut banana cake ticks all the boxes in terms of not only flavour, but in how nutritious it is and the fact that it is a guaranteed show-stopper if you are having friends over to help you eat it! This is the perfect option to make as a dessert and then have some of the leftovers for your breakfast.
You all have been asking for more epic recipes that are naturally sweetened (no refined sugar over here!) This healthy gluten free banana loaf is what we consider a tea cake meaning there is no yeast or rising time required, but you still get that delicious texture you crave from a healthy gluten free loaf.
Before I share more details of this incredible gluten free coconut banana loaf, make sure you check out the other awesome breakfast and dessert recipes in my free EBOOK!
Why is this Gluten-Free recipe healthy?
What we are combining here is that perfect sweetness from bananas and honey (a natural pair) with the gorgeous flavour of lightly honey-sweetened blueberries. We bind it all together with our favourite gluten-free baking ingredients (healthy fats from olive oil and almond flour). This not only ensures they’re free of any refined flours but also that they’re suitable for anyone with a gluten intolerance or allergy. Major #win in my book!
This is the perfect loaf to enjoy with your morning coffee or tea, café style, or to serve to a group of your best mates after dinner.
Plus with this next level delicious bread you get the added healthy fats from your olive oil and of course that gorgeous coconut cream topping. All these healthy fats are so vital for heart health and also brain function.
Your nutritional breakdown:
Per serve (serves 12)
Why is this gluten-free bread recipe easy?
One of the huge beauties of this recipe is that most of it comes together in a blender! This ensures you get that perfect creamy consistency of your wet ingredients so they combine fully with the dry. It takes only about 5 minutes to add everything together, and then you get to sit back while it bakes! After about half an hour you’ll have a beautifully fluffy and light bread at your fingertips.
To make the blueberry compote for the top, this is just a matter of adding a couple ingredients together and letting them warm through into that delicious saucy goodness we all love on top of our cakes!
This week I’m back at it filming Season 2 of Feast with Friends. Stay tuned for more fun updates there!
Recipe: Coconut Banana Loaf
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1/3 Cup Honey
2 Bananas, chopped
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1/3 Cup Olive oil
1/2 Cup Coconut, desiccated
2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
2/3 Cup Coconut Cream
1 Cup Blueberry
2 Tbsp Honey
- Preheat your oven to 320 degrees F. and grease a loaf tin.
- In a mix master or upright blender blend coconut oil and honey until creamy, then pop in the banana piece by piece until it has been incorporated, before doing the same with the eggs
- In a bowl combine the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt. As the blender/mixer is on a low speed add the dry mix in in three parts along with the olive oil, until all combined.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean in the centre.
- In a bowl whisk the coconut cream until light and fluffy, this can be done using an electric mixer, whisk, or blender.
- In a saucepan combine the blueberries and honey with 1 tbsp of water and simmer for 10 minutes. To serve, dollop whipped coconut cream on top followed by the blueberry sauce.