Tacos for breakfast. Yes, you read it right. Why would we keep tacos only for lunch or dinner when they make a wonderful complete breakfast full of carbs, proteins, and fat? That is why we came up with this tasty tacos recipe perfect for any meal of the day!
Potatoes for breakfast…really?
Yes. Yes. Yes. Potatoes are good for every meal, even breakfast. Actually, potatoes contain resistant starch that is not fully absorbed by the body. This could improve blood sugar control by reducing insulin resistance. It can also improve digestive health! So yes, eat your potatoes whenever you feel like it.
Is potato good for you?
Potatoes are versatile root vegetables. Steamed, sautéed, baked, fried…you can eat potatoes differently. The potatoes are minimally processed for this recipe and just baked with one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Potatoes are good for you and are a great source of fibers. Fibers ensure a good bowel movement and make you feel fuller for longer, which can help people looking to lose weight. Potatoes are also packed with nutrients and minerals such as vitamins C and B6 and potassium.
Is tofu good for you?
Tofu, a soy-based protein, contains about 8g of protein per 100g servings. It also has 138% more iron than beef which is essential to preserve vital functions such as maintaining healthy blood. Moreover, tofu is incredible to cook with since it absorbs the flavors of the spices it is paired with!
Looking for more amazing plant-based recipes? Check out our new ebook: How To Gain Lean Muscles On A Plant-Based Diet!
- 6 tacos shells
- 1 Russett potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 oz tofu
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 small cucumber, finely sliced
- 1 avocado
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- On a baking tray, transfer the cut potatoes. Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle salt and Pepper. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil.
- Add the tofu and spices. Scrumble the tofu. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, dry heat the tacos shells.
- Assemble the tacos with avocado, potatoes, and tofu. Add the cucumber, onion, and cilantro.