If you know me, you know I absolutely love pasta. It is inexpensive and easy to make. Anything can be added to it. It is also one of my favorite recovery meals. It is rich in carbs which helps me recover after a long run or a hard workout. Paired with a creamy sauce made f, Ifu and I also get a great source of protein. Moreover, this recipe uses any leftover vegetables to prep a beautiful, flavorful dish in less than 15 minutes.
So grab your pots and your AG1, and let’s get cooking!
Is pasta good for recovery?
After a workout, you need to replenish your energy levels. Indeed while working out you use carbohydrates, so you need to fuel your body efficiently after. Pasta is a great source of carbs for it. Indeed, pasta and any dish rich in carbs will help you replenish your depleted glycogen levels used during your workout.
How to add protein to a dish?
An easy way to increase your protein intake is to add tofu to your dishes. I love adding tofu to pasta sauce to increase the amount of protein in the dish but also create creamy sauces. For this recipe, I combined tofu with any vegetable leftovers and it created a beautiful dish that is an absolute banger and amazing for recovery!
- 1 pack penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups of any vegetable leftovers
- ½ block silken or firm tofu
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Dice every vegetable leftovers. Drizzle olive oil on the vegetables. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetables to a baking tray. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the packaging.
- In a blender, add the tofu and vegetables. Blend well. Add the juice of a lemon. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the sauce to the pasta. Stir well. Serve with breadcrumbs and parsley.