Imagine this: It is Sunday. You wake up and smell the sweet smell of freshly made French toasts. However, they are not just classic French toasts. They are blueberry and lemon French toasts. They are sweet and tangy and are just perfect to start your day. Well, my friend, you have been served. Here is the recipe for my fantastic lemon and blueberry French toasts.
How to make the perfect French toast?
- 1. Use a day-old sourdough bread. Sourdough holds better than any white bread, plus it will add fibers to the dish.
- Whisk well the egg mixture. It should form ribbons.
- Dip each side of the bread in the egg mixture. Soak the bread for a deeper egg flavor.
- Make sure the pan is well greased and hot before toasting the bread.
- Add the toppings of your choice. I love adding fresh fruits!
Why are blueberries good for you?
First, blueberries are rich in fibers (4g per cup or 148g). They are nutrient-dense. Indeed, blueberries are richer in vitamins such as vitamin C and K. They also contain manganese which helps the body form tissues and ensure healthy bones and blood. Moreover, blueberries are rich in antioxidants which protect the body from free radicals.
- 2 Sourdough Slices
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oat milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup blueberry jam
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, maple syrup, milk, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Dip the bread slices in the wet mixture.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil.
- Once hot, cook the french toast for about 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Mix a tbsp of lemon juice to the yogurt + 1 tsp zests.
- Serve the toast with blueberry jam and lemon yogurt. Top with lemon zest, berries, and mint.