Team, today I’m bringing you a very simple weekday lunch or dinner that is super nourishing and packed with protein and micronutrients! It’s my one-pan lemon caper salmon – let’s get into it!
What are the health benefits of salmon?
Capers and salmon are an epic combination for so many reasons. One is the omega-3 fatty acid benefits of the salmon, which are great for brain and skin health. Capers are full of vitamins A and E, which play a role in immunity and reducing oxidative stress to help prevent chronic disease.
We’re also boosting the fibrous carbs in this one to keep you full by serving it alongside brown rice with mixed greens for added vitamins and minerals. Let’s make it team! As always, show me your plate by tagging me @dan_churchill on IG
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 TB olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- 2 tsp capers
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 sliced
- 2 cups broccolini
- 2 fillets salmon
- Brown rice, cooked, for serving
- Mixed greens, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Combine garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and capers in a small bowl. Mix well to combine, and add the juice of one lemon.
- Place broccolini in an ovenproof pan and place salmon on top. Drizzle your lemon caper sauce on top and top the salmon with additional slices of lemon.
- Bake salmon and broccolini for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your desired liking. Serve with brown rice and mixed greens.
The color code™
This recipe is Blue/Purple
This Recipe is rich in Antioxidants and resveratrol — great for immunity and cancer-fighting.
Perfect for a healthy brunch option to feed a crowd.