Legends! Do you love lasagne? Do you enjoy tortillas with beans? Well, I got you covered with this great recipe! Drumroll, please!!! Today we are making tortilla lasagne. Yes, you heard right! Instead of making traditional lasagne with pasta and meat, we are using tortillas and a tasty bean sauce. I cannot wait to see you reproducing this recipe!
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can corn
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3-4 tortilla (wheat)
- 2 cup plant-based cheese, grated
- Preheat the broiler to medium/ 350F.
- In a pot on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil. Stir in the onion and garlic. Let it caramelize for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir in the spices, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and corn. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a pan (or tin), add the sauce, add the tortilla, and repeat. Finish with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Put into the broiler for 4-5 minutes.