To all you amazing friends of mine! In celebration of #NationalTacoDay here is one of my favo(u)rites for you! These wonders are super clean, super colorful and winning when it comes to satisfying flavour.
Get involved and let me know what you think!
Super Clean Fish Tacos!
1 Cucumber, cut into small cubes
1 Spanish Onion, cut into small cubes
1 Tomato, cut into small cubes
1/2 Long Red Chilli, deseeded and chopped
1/2 handful of fresh coriander
Juice & Zest of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp Maple Syrup or Honey
Pinch of Salt
2 Flat Head Fillets, chopped into 3 cm lengths
1Tbsp Olive or Macadamia Oil
- In a small saucepan on high heat add the maple syrup or honey along with half the juice of the lemon and 3 tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil then remove from heat completely to cool. Add to a bowl with the spanish onion and allow to soak.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes and cucumber
- in a blender combine the avocado, zest and remaining juice of the lemon, chilli, and coriander and pulse until smashed consistency. Add salt to taste. If you don’t have a blender just use the back of a fork
- Add oil to a pan on high heat and add the fish fillets, cook for 2 minutes on one side until golden and season with salt in the pan. Turn fish over onto plate and allow residual heat to cook through
- Drain excess moisture from spanish onion bowl and add them to the cucumber and tomato mix.
- To serve smear a tortilla with guacamole, add a spoonful of the salad mix, and top with fish fillets. Top with coriander leaf to garnish and enjoy!