Wondering what your favorite athletes eat on their game day? In this recipe, you will find out what Obi Vincent likes to have to fuel his workouts. Moreover, Obi loves spicy food, so we had to make a spicy dish. Hence, this sweet and tangy salmon recipe.
Is salmon good for you?
Salmon is incredibly nutritious. It is a fantastic source of animal protein. 100g of salmon contains 25g of protein. This fish is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential for your heart, brain, and skin health. It can also help fight inflammation!
What are the benefits of rice?
Rice is a wonderful cereal. It provides carbs, protein, and fibers. Rice, predominantly brown rice, can help manage blood sugar levels. This source of carb help replenishes glycogen levels after a workout which fits Obi’s lifestyle!
Ready, set, go: Let’s get cooking!
- 2 salmon filets
- ¼cup flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp five spices mix
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 4 baby bok choi
- Sesame seeds
- Cut the salmon into 2 inches cubes.
- Sprinkle flour onto the salmon. Coat evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, and spices. Coat the salmon with the sauce.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil. Fry the salmon. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Toss your veggies in it for 1 minute. Drain the vegetables. Shock them in a bowl of iced water.
- Assemble the bowl. Add rice. Top with bok choy and salmon. Sprinkle sesame seeds.