Talk about a simple way to game change your mid week breakfast! This Super Easy One Pan Breakfast Banana Cake will get the family out of bed with the amazing smells coming from the oven 🙂 A fantastic way to nourish the whole family.
Not only is the cake itself super simple to do, but it comes with an Almond Caramel Sauce that you will want to use on everything! (Watch out it gets addictive) After making it once, you wont believe how simple it is to make your own healthy dairy free caramel sauce.
The Almond Caramel Sauce can be made in advance, but I just do it when the cake is baking it is that simple! Take a look at the way I have decorated it with the bananas. Feel free to add your own creative flare to this part.
This was the winning recipe you all chose when voting on what breakfast dish involving almond milk you wanted. Next week I will unveil the winning dinner recipe. Be sure to head on over to almonds.com on more of the nourishing recipes you can creatively do with this mineral dense ingredient.
If you would like more healthy breakfast recipes you can click here and I will give you my free ebook (it comes straight away too 😉 )
A lot of you have been really interested in the almond campaign, so if you would like to know more about the goodness of almonds, don’t be afraid to ask me on the socials @dan_churchill. You can also reach out to @californiaalmonds as you know they know a thing or two about this tasty nut 🙂
If your also after more tasty almond recipes be sure to check out my friends at almonds.com
Looking forward to seeing your inner healthy cook!
Recipe: One Pan Breakfast Banana Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil + 2 tsp for cooking
1/3 Cup Honey
3 Bananas, sliced
1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
1/3 Cup Almond Milk
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil,
2 Tbsp Almond Butter
2 tsp Honey
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
- Preheat Oven to 375 F.
- For the Cake, in a bowl beat the coconut oil and honey until creamy, before adding in one egg at a time or until it mixes through.
- Add two of the sliced bananas in stages followed by the gluten free flour which will form a nice thick batter
- Thin the mix out with some almond milk and finish with a pinch of salt
- Pour the batter into a skillet with tsp coconut oil on medium heat allowing that base to get nice and caramelized. Decorate the top of the batter with remaining sliced bananas and cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden
- Meanwhile combine all your ingredients for the sauce, except for the milk, in a small pot and mixing until it all combines (2-3 minutes). Remove from the heat and mix in the almond milk, you will notice it start to thicken up. Set it aside
- To serve dollop on some coconut yoghurt and drizzle over your almond sauce.. you are already for breakfast!!!
Breakfast Recipes you will also like:
–3 Ways to top your Healthy Oatmeal