- 2 cups of Almond Flour, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Butter (Grass Fed) or Coconut oil (melted but not piercing hot)
- 1kg (Just under 2 pounds) Sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 1/2 Cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup Maple syrup/honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Egg
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees (375 F)
2. In a bowl combine your flour salt and coconut with your butter/oil and whisked egg. Once it forms a dough (you may need to add a little water depending on the humidity) like consistency, kneed with your hands for a few minutes until smooth and flatter into a disk using extra flour and a rolling pin. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up. If you leave for longer than 30 it will be tough to work with immediately so bring it to room temperature first.
3. Roll out on a surface and then press to the bottom of a 23cm (9 inch) pie tin, getting into the corners.. don’t be afraid if it starts to crumble just use your hands to press it back in ? Prick the base with a fork and then pop in the oven for 10 minutes or till slightly golden.
4. Bring a pot of water salted (1 tsp) water to a boil and pop in the sweet potato to cook for 10-12 minutes or until potato is pierced easily with a knife. Drain and allow to cool.
5. Pop sweet potato, coconut milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, maple syrup into a food processor or blender and mix until it is smooth. Then crack in the egg and blitz for a further 20 seconds.
6. Pour filling into pie crust smooth to your liking and pop in the oven oven to bake for 45-55 minutes… or until it reaches a lovely golden crust. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing in and enjoying ?