Legends! We are back with another Game Day Meal! If you wonder what Patty Mills, the famous Australian Nets player, eats before his games, look no further! Patty Mills likes having pasta with a beautiful pesto sauce and vegetables. Easy and tasty, this meal is perfect for fueling your workouts!
Ready, Set, Go! Grab your pots and pans, and let’s get cooking!
- 2 cups basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon
- 4 oz chickpea penne
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- ½ eggplant, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- In a mortar, finely ground the basil, garlic, and pine nuts.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil gradually.
- Add the cheese and the juice of a lemon. Crush all the ingredients together to obtain a kind of paste.
- In a pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the packaging.
- Drain the pasta. Toss the pasta with the pesto.
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Cut your vegetables.
- Place the vegetable on a baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- In a pan, toast the pine nuts for 3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Top the pesto pasta with roasted vegetables and pine nuts.