Legends! I am back with my twist on a viral Tiktok recipe: the custard toast. This recipe is easy. All you need is bread, yogurt, an egg, and the toppings of your choice. Some like to cook it in the air fryer, but we are using a simple oven in this recipe. I think this toast is a great snack and elevate your toast game and elevate your protein intake. It is also very versatile. You can switch up the bread you are using and diversify the toppings!
Why is this recipe great?
This recipe is a great one for a protein snack. The toast, here a sourdough bread slice, brings you carbs and fibers, while the greek yogurt and egg bring you protein and good fats. Besides, the fruits you put on top of your base are excellent sources of fibers and natural sugar, making this toast the perfect snack to satisfy your mid-day cravings.
- 1 cup blackberry greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 sourdough slices
- ¼ cup berries
- ½ pear, finely sliced
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a bowl mix the greek yogurt and egg.
- Press the middle of the toast with a spoon. Pour the egg and yogurt mixture into the middle of the bread.
- Top with berries and pear.
- Sprinkle cinnamon.
- Put the toast on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, drizzle maple syrup on the toast.