Easy Basil and Mushroom Frittata
My healthy cooks, it’s another epic high-protein recipe coming at you this week! This mushroom frittata recipe is such a simple and fun one to make, a great way to engage with the savoriness we all love from a meaty dish but made completely vegetarian! We’re making my mushroom, egg, and basil frittata!
This one is packed with flavor, high in protein, and a delicious way to use up leftover veg. I collaborated with my good mate Serg Perkovic (you may have seen me throwing around a lacrosse ball with him last week!) to make a dish that’s perfect for post-workout.
What makes this Mushroom Frittata recipe healthy?
This vegetarian mushroom frittata recipe is super healthy, contains plenty of protein thanks to our eggs and mushrooms, and is totally veggie friendly. Throw in whatever veg you have around into the base, add your eggs and a bit of coconut milk, and it’s game on!
The color code for this recipe is YELLOW! Check out more about my Color Code and how to create colorful recipes (and what that means for your own health) here!
What makes this Mushroom Frittata recipe easy?
This mushroom frittata recipe is so next level yet so simple. All you have to do is let the mushrooms cook away with some garlic and olive oil, add your eggs for a crispy base, and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes! Then add your basil and you’ve got a week worth of meals, done!
This is a great one to recreate as part of your own meal prep for the week. It stores well and is delicious hot or cold. Add some hot sauce or your favorite seasonings for a flavor packed breakfast or lunch. Be sure to show me your own spin on this mushroom frittata recipe if you post on Instagram! Tag me @dan_churchill, and get cooking legends!
For more easy and healthy recipes, check out my $5 Eats Recipe Ebook here!
Recipe: Basil and Mushroom Frittata
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Cost: <$5 Servings: 6-8 Skill Level: Easy-Medium
Ingredients: 1 TB olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup enoki mushrooms 1 cup baby bella mushrooms 6 large eggs 1/2 cup coconut milk Salt Pepper 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped Method:
- Preheat oven to 400F/200 C.
- Whisk together eggs and coconut milk. Season with several big pinches of salt and pepper.
- Heat an oven-proof pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Add olive oil and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is nutty smelling and just turning golden brown.
- Add egg mixture into the pan. Lower heat to low. Stir eggs for a couple of minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Place entire pan into preheated oven and cook until top is set, 10-12 minutes.
- Get your basil ready, and when frittata is finished cooking, top with basil and serve!