I love creating a dessert that ticks all the right boxes. Simple in creation and nature but is wickedly delicious. This Healthy Whipped Ricotta Gluten Free Dessert, sounds tricky, but honestly it is one of the easiest sweeter dishes you can make. So it will taste wicked and make you look like a pro.
I was asked to put on a BBQ inspired menu that you could create in your own apartment. Essentially no grill, but still get the same flavors. This dessert was a serious hit and was inspired by my latest love for whipped ricotta, and its just so simple to do!!! When roast and grilling the peaches you release more moisture and maximize on natural sweetness. I created this dish for a “how to create a BBQ inside your apartment dinner” and it was such a hit I wanted you all to have it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Peaches are a rich source of vitamins A, E & C… all helping in healthy skin growth and care. They are rich source of antioxidants and in China their symbol is referred to as longevity (now thats not something you hear every day)
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2 Peaches, halved and seeds removed
1/3 Cup Honey
1 1/2 Cups or Whole Milk Ricotta
Juice & Zest of 1/2 a Lemon
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Cayenne
Pinch of salt
1/4 Cup of Pecans, crushed
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (390 F.)
- Using a brush paint each half of the peach on the cut side with honey. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until juicy. Set aside
- In a Vitamix or blender add your ricotta, lemon juice & zest along with 2 tsp of honey and blitz until smooth. You can also do this by hand with a whisk, or with a stand mixer!
- Add oil to a frypan on medium high heat and fry peaches cut side down for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Mix remaining honey in a bowl with the cayenne and paprika.
- To serve place a portion of the whipped ricotta in a bowl or plate, top with a peach, drizzle over honey and finish with a pinch of salt and pecans
Other Desserts you will like: