- 3 Beetroots, peeled, and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Carrots, cut into uneven chips
- 1 Tbsp Cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp Coriander, ground
- 1/2 Cup Natural Yoghurt
- 1/3 Cup Skinned hazelnuts (you can use your favourite ? )
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. In a bowl combine 1/2 the olive oil beetroot, salt and pepper in a bowl and spread out onto a lined baking tray. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until slightly coloured and easily pierced with a knife. Set aside. Put in a blender or food processor and blitz until pureed
- In a bowl combine remaining oil, carrots, spices and a pinch of salt and pepper and spread evenly onto a lined baking tray and cook for 25- 30 minutes or until carrots have dark golden edges and are soft-be sure to rotate them once or twice throughout their cooking time (You can cook the carrots and beetroot at the same time in the oven… just allow an extra 5 minutes and to rotate trays between shelves)
- In a small frypan toast hazelnuts on medium heat add in maple syrup allowing it to slightly thicken and coat the nuts (3-5 minutes). Add in a pinch of salt and take off the heat allowing syrup and nuts to cool before carefully bashing to create crunchy little wonders.
- Spread beetroot puree onto a wooden board, place carrots on top and dollop with yoghurt. Sprinkle over with sexy salted and sweet nuts and finish with fresh mint.