What’s up legends! Today we are cooking honey nut squash. This one is a killer. The honey nut squash brings natural sweetness to the dish, and the quinoa and chickpeas are highly nutritious. The spices bring out the flavor of each element nicely. Whether for dinner or a special occasion, this recipe will please everyone!
What makes this dish healthy and nutritious?
Honeynut squash is rich in vitamin A and beta-carotene. The beta carotene in this squash- which is twice the amount found in a butternut squash- is transformed into vitamin A which helps with vision, growth, cell division, and immunity and is also an antioxidant. The quinoa acts as a complete protein with the 9 essential amino acids. Chickpeas also add fibers and protein to this flavorful dish.
You can substitute the quinoa with rice, the chickpeas with beans, and the kale with any greens you like.
- 2 honeynut squash
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400F (200F).
- Cut the squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and discard them.
- On a baking tray, place the squash. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until soft.
- In a pan on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil. Stir in quinoa, chickpeas, and kale. Add the spices. Stir for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the squash is cooked stuff it with the quinoa mixture. Serve.
cals: 256.2 • fat: 8.9g • protein: 7.7g • carbs: 30.4g