Super Crispy + Healthy Chicken Drumsticks
You won’t believe dinner could be as easy as 2 steps! These healthy chicken drumsticks are a much-requested 20 minute dinner recipe, easy and perfect for a weeknight meal. This is an epically flavorful, super crispy, and healthy chicken drumsticks recipe! Check out the recipe below and let me know which spices you love on your own chicken. I’ll also be sharing with you my #1 tip to keeping that chicken skin crispy…
What makes these Healthy Chicken Drumsticks Easy?
My healthy chicken drumsticks are one of the quickest and easiest recipes on the blog. All that’s required of you is coating them with a bit of oil and spice, and into the oven to go so they can continue to cook!
Chicken is a super easy protein to work with if you know some basic strategies, which I’ll teach you in this recipe!
What makes these Healthy Chicken Drumsticks so Healthy?
Chicken is one of my own favorite forms of protein, and our yogurt dipping sauce also packs a punch of healthy fats and protein. Chicken drumsticks are usually a party food, but these healthy chicken wings have my DC spin that also lets them be a perfect weeknight meal for you!
My top tip for keeping the drumsticks extra crispy and flavorful is to preheat the pan inside the oven while the oven comes up to temperature. Then remove it and add the chicken, allowing it to sear while it cooks! You’ll bake it for 15-20 minutes, which is a healthy cooking alternative to deep drying. Let’s get right into the recipe!
Super Crispy + Healthy Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 TB paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TB cumin
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Combine spices in a bowl.
- Cut 4 slices into the chicken about ½ cm deep to allow spice mix to penetrate flesh.
- Rub chicken with 2 TB olive oil, coating all surfaces
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl and rub evenly with spice mix. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F. Place a baking tray or cast iron pan into the oven to preheat with the oven.
- Remove pan from the oven carefully and add chicken. Sprinkle on additional salt and olive oil drizzle. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fully cooked.