My friends, the idea of comfort food is too good to miss and with this super easy lean turkey chili recipe, you will not feel guilty about how good it tastes. Be prepared to wrap your hands around some warm nourishment and know that all those efforts at the gym are being assisted by its deliciousness. If you are looking to start your new years with some Healthy recipe ideas, this is one that you can have forever. It also makes a lot so you can have it as one of your batch cooking ideas and be set for a few meals throughout the week.
Also my friends if you are after:
-tips on how to start the new year healthy
-looking for recipe ideas
-looking for exercise tips
Then sign up to get this FREE ebook, as this week I will be starting a habit guide on how to get you into your new healthy routine. I will be doing it to so you can follow along every day and let me know how your going… and yes it is FREE too 😀
Why is Lean Turkey Chili Healthy
Firstly the bowl is filled with plenty of nutrient dense colorful ingredients. You have your beans, your vegetables and then your lean turkey. Not only do you get the combination of fat soluble vitamins and minerals essential for transporting and aiding in cellular function, but you also provide the muscles with the proteins, carbs and fats required to repair the damaged tissue after your workouts.
We need protein after our workouts to grow our bodies and benefit from all that sweating the beans and the turkey allow for that to happen. The spices work on the immune system, especially that golden gorgeous turmeric, whilst the chicken stock is full of so many good fats that assist your joints, brain and cells to the point where they promote fat loss.
How is it so Easy?
This Super Easy Lean Turkey Chili is as simple as put it into a pot, cover and allow to have a stock pot party until you are ready to devour it. All you need to do is simply stir in your ingredients and then cover.
Handy Tip: Use a slow cooker for an extra bit of long lasting flavor. I know some of you prefer to use this to set and forget and with some of the options these days that come with a monitoring app to your phone to give you updated progress they can be pretty handy.
Is there a Healthy Vegan Recipe Chili Recipe instead?
Of course there is! You know how much I love to allow everyone to enjoy easy recipes created with so much color. As I was creating this recipe I also went ahead and created a Super Easy Lean Vegan Chili too! This will be coming out with the newsletter so be sure to sign up here to get it. It comes with a FREE ebook too!
Super Easy Lean Turkey Chili
3 Tbsp Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Carrot, finely chopped
1 Celery, finely chopped
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
1lb Turkey, ground
1 Tsp Dried Chili Peppers
1 Tbsp Cumin, ground
1 Tbsp Coriander, ground
1 Tbsp Paprika
2 tsp Oregano
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
500ml Chicken Stock
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Whole Tomatoes
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Brown long grain rice
2 tsp Turmeric, ground
Bunch of Cilantro
- Add oil to a stock/large pot on medium heat and caramelize your onion, carrot, celery and garlic for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown
- Stir in your ground turkey meat allowing to cook out us much moisture as you can until it resembles a golden brown nature too.
- To the pot add all your spices (except turmeric) and oregano along with your salt and pepper, give it a stir for a minute before pouring in your black beans, tomatoes, stock and vinegar.
- Cover and bring to a boil before turning heat to low and leaving to simmer for 30-40 minutes (you can go longer for even more awesome flavor if you wish- I do 2 hours)
- In a medium pot combine your rice with 2 1/2 Cups of water and the turmeric. Cover, bring to a boil and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is fluffy
- Chop up 3 stalks of the cilantro, including both roots and leaves, and stirring into your pot. Season with more salt and pepper and vinegar if need be
- Serve chili on turmeric rice with a dollop of yoghurt