How does the recipe impress?
Everyone loves a pasta dish but this super easy recipe to impress requires a bit of hand work. Haven’t you ever realized that any dish made from scratch seems to be really impressive? Like pasta, sauces and bread. The interesting thing about this dish though is that even though it is very hands on, it is honestly that easy to execute. The fact you used your hands, worked with a dough and tested it before cooking it all (don’t worry we go through all of this below), makes it seem you like you know what you doing, WHICH YOU DO! To make your guest even more impressed add some olive oil to a pan on medium high heat and caramelize the poached gnocchi until golden and it has a crispy edge.
So this is a super awesome way to impress someone special, but I also have a whole book, that is FREE, with more recipes for you! Click here, put in your email and it will come straight to your inbox 🙂
Whats the difference between Sweet Potato and White Potato?
Well firstly there is the obvious in that what has more color. Sweet potato for that reason are much more dense in nutrition and furthermore flavor (with your receptors picking up more nutrients they are also picking up more flavor). So in short Sweet Potato is a much healthier version of potato for you. So this super easy recipe to impress looks after you and your insides 🙂
From a cooking perspective, sweet potato holds more moisture, so it can make it more challenging to make them crispier. It can also make it harder to create dough as rather than it coming together strongly it can turn into a gluey substance. One trick you will learn from this super easy recipe to impress is to allow the sweet potato to cool after roasted. This will ensure the sweet potato dries out as much as possible. Meaning you get a dough that is easier to control and stays together when you cook it in boiling water.
What awesome cooking skills will I learn from this recipe?
You are going to learn how:
-to create a gnocchi dough
-to test any dough before cooking it all
-to prevent your sweet potato from blowing up in the oven
If you are after a recipe to impress some friends or someone special look no further. Even if you set aside some time on a weekend to go a little above for yourself, this is a super easy recipe to impress anyone and as always you win as you get to devour the tastiness at the end.
Lots of Gnocchi love my friends
If you are after more Healthy Recipe Ideas I would love to give you my FREE ebook, click here and it will come right to your inbox
Recipe: Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Minutes
2 Large Sweet Potato
1 Egg, whisked
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1 Cup of Oat Flour (or Gluten Free or All Purpose Flour)
- Preheat oven to 425 F or 220 C
- Sprinkle some salt onto roasting tray and prick your sweet potato all over with a fork, this will prevent it from blowing up in the oven.
- Place sweet potato on roasting tray and cook for 30-40 minutes or until super soft when touched. Remove, allow to cool before separating flesh from skin, and placing back on a roasting tray to dry out (sweet potato has more moisture, you want to get rid of it)
- In a bowl combine your sweet potato flesh, egg and flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring a pot of water to a boil and roll a thumbnail size ball of the dough together. Salt the water and drop the dough ball in, allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes or until it rises to the top
- If the dough stays together and is firm you are ready to proceed, if it falls apart in the water add a bit more flour.
- Roll dough into separate long snacks and then cut to thumbnail size portions. Just like the tested portion, drop the gnocchi pieces into the pot of water and cook (you may need to do this in stages).
- Once cooked, drain in a colander, cool and then its ready to use! I like caramelizing in olive oil and adding everyones favorite pasta sauce 🙂