Wings are the PERFECT finger food and especially game day food. They can be grilled, baked, or fried and coated with any sauce of your liking. You probably think of chicken when you hear the word “wing,” but let me introduce you to a plant-based version: cauliflower wings. These tasty and saucy cauliflower wings are coated with a sweet and sour sauce and baked in this recipe. They are incredible and 100% guilt-free.
Is cauliflower white broccoli?
First, let’s answer a common question: Is cauliflower white broccoli? No, cauliflower is not white broccoli. Broccoli and cauliflower are both cruciferous, but they come from different cultivars. Both are highly nutritious. However, for this recipe, I recommend cauliflower.
Why is cauliflower good for you?
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable low in calories and rich in fibers. Each cup of raw cauliflower contains 3g fibers (10% of the daily needs). This vegetable is also rich in vitamins C, K, B6, minerals, and antioxidants. Cauliflower is rich in sulforaphane, an antioxidant that neutralizes toxins and might reduce cancer development and the risks of other severe diseases.
Is cauliflower good for weight loss?
Since cauliflower is rich in fibers and contains a lot of water, this vegetable is filling. Indeed, fibers slow digestion and promote gut health which can help with weight loss. Cauliflower, when eaten on its own, is great. It can also replace regular rice, mashed potatoes, or pizza crust, making it a perfect alternative for people on a low-carb diet.
Let’s dig in!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1.5 cups plant-based milk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- In a bowl mix the flour, cornstarch, onion and garlic powders, salt.
- Add milk to the dry mix to create a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter.
- On a baking tray, arrange the cauliflower. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- In a bowl, mix the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, chili flakes.
- Once baked and crispy toss the cauliflower wings into the sauce.
- Top the wings with sesame seeds and spring onions.m