There is noooo stopping the big man coming down the chimney… just like there is no stopping you devouring some phenomenally tasty cookie goodness this Christmas… I have taken some inspiration from places all over the world to come up with these little champions…
Now admittedly when you test a tasty creation coming from an inspiring thought for the first time there is always i guess ‘wonder’ at if you are close to the mark or was your mind allowing too much imagination… Well you don’t have to worry about a thing with these circular notions of nutty goodness, as I was so blown away from the texture and electrifying buzz of flavour that i told Santa to come early otherwise he was going to miss out on the tray… tall ask and yes he did come, he also said that due to the popular trend in dairy free milk he is able to accommodate more dipping as he goes around to all your houses 🙂
I am not sure if you are one to perceive Tahini as a savoury or a sweet ingredient… i know to many, particularly in the middle east it is regarded as a Peanut Butter like spread… so i will take that they eat it by the spoonful… i mean doesn’t everyone do that with PB? (only after a huge HIIT session at the gym of course)
So my friends, preheat them ovens as the nuttiness, and sweetness found in the spirit of all things jolly christmas can be eaten with a single bite of tasty Tahini Cookies… just mix and bake 😉
Less than 11 Days legends!!!
- 3/4 Grass Fed Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Coconut flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees C.
- Using a mix master with beater attachment or electric whisk beat butter and sugar until combined
- With the machines still mixing away add the tahini, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Once combined continue with the coconut flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix until dough comes together like a legend 🙂 Then roll into golf ball size portions and place on a lined baking tray, slightly flatten with the palm of your hand and then finish by imprinting with the back of the fork. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon before baking for 12-17 minutes or until slightly golden, transfer to a cooling rack, then liberally drizzle over a little extra tahini for extra nuttiness 😉